Thursday, February 22, 2018

Free To A Good Home!

Did I say I love gardening? I don't think that's strictly true. That I lose track of time? No, this much scutch grass out of this bed took me exactly 3 hours.



Some jobs in the garden are quick and straightforward, like...no, can't think of any off the top of my head.

Some have unexpected rewards like the finding of 3 previously undiscovered potatoes.





Some facilitate another mission, like preparing a space for rose I had bought myself for Valentine's Day...because I'm worth it (as L'Oreal says).


But only worth €2.50! as I found this beautiful red rose in the Chinese pound shop on High Street. I felt a bit sorry for them in there with the other tat. When I opened the box I found that the stems were waxed and elastic banded together and there was mould nearly to the top. The only sign of life was a little sprout.

After my labours, I came out to find that Becky had broken off, systematically, all the new branches of fuschia and I thought:

Do I really love animals? Well, not really. I'm going to try and rehome the lot I think, see if anyone else has time for a bit more training. Does that mean that I think, after all, that they deserve to die young so someone can eat them? No.


I feel so happy at the thought of the house smelling good and clean and tidy, the rolling lawn and wonderful edible garden coming to fruition. So this is a shout out to anyone who would like to adopt any of my animals
2 pigs
3 cats
2 dogs
1 pony
If you can offer any of them a home, THANK YOU! I would love to hear from you. I will happily sponsor them with some food and help to get them settled!

Is it part of the New World Order plan that if you want to eat un-poisoned with pesticide food you have to suffer and wile away days of hard labour on the off chance you manage to produce one or two items yourself?! Why not just make it policy, no more chemicals on any of the food/ingredients in our shops, please. And while we're at it, make it policy, no more killing animals for food and using their remains or fluids as byproducts. It's just barbaric and unhealthy and I can't be bothered to try and avoid the toxicity and cruelty that seems to be the main fare on offer, currently.

I'm thinking that the powers that be want to keep those of us who have awakened really busy, weeding and running around after rescue animals...but I've spotted it now and want a change on a larger level, where the food industry facilitates health, fairness and wellbeing for people places and animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment